Here at Ann Mason Care we are actively recruiting for Senior Care workers and Senior Rehab Care Assistants – We provide support with wellbeing face to face care calls, live in care, tele health calls and rehabilitation enabling our customers to live independently in their own homes.
We welcome UK and International carers and nurses who have at least two years’ experience of providing care in a professional capacity to apply.
The Senior Role may include but not limited to:
- Personal care and continence support
- Administering medication
- Preparing Healthy meals
- Supporting with hobbies, interests, and activities.
- Accompanying to appointments
- Specialised care for Dementia, Parkinson’s, stroke and other conditions
- Liaising with other Health Care Professionals.
- Train to provide rehabilitation and care in private homes supported by health care professionals.
- Managing client records electronically through an app on your phone
Ann Mason Care understands the value of TEC (Technology enabled care) and how this can improve the lives of our customers, their families, and the performance of our team.
Start your application here
Send us your cv and fill out our application online
- Zoom interview
Once we have received and reviewed your application, we will contact you to arrange a zoom interview.
- Compliance check
On successful completion of your interview, our friendly compliance team will look after your application and obtain your documents and references. * International applicants will require the IELTS international English language test and our employer’s sponsorship to apply for a work permit. The final decision is then made by the Home Office.
- Induction Training
You are ready to be booked onto your training program which will be completed half in the comfort or your own home Via our interactive training App and half in our UK head office, face to face with a member of our training team.
Once you have completed your training to become a team member at Ann Mason Care you will be meeting our clients with a mentor to be signed off with your practical competencies.
Senior care workers
We are looking for caring, compassionate people, who are organised and work on their own initiative. It is important that you have good communication skills in written and spoken English to join our home care team. International applicants will need to have completed the IELTS test.
- The successful Senior Care Worker will have achieved a QCF Levels 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent
- Have a full UK or international driving licence and access to their own car
- Team player and conscious contribution to the team.
- Have the right to work in the UK – our immigration team will assist
- Are over 18 years of age (due to legal restrictions in relation to giving personal care)
- An enhanced DBS check will be required. *
- U.K Bank account. *
- National insurance number. *
* Our onboarding team will provide assistance
Main duties of the Senior Care Assistant role are to:
- Provide individual care for our service users.
- Spot check and monitor of quality and assurance.
- Administration of care records
- Carry out initial risk and needs assessments in respect of individual service users.
- Work in partnership with service users, their family, carers, advocates, healthcare professionals and others to ensure the seamless delivery of holistic packages of individual care support.
- Carry out regular reviews of individual services and risk assessments.
- Participate as required in multi-disciplinary review of service users’ needs.
- Shadow new care workers in the field to ensure their competence.
- Carry out the on-site observation and evaluation of care worker practice as part of routine supervision, in response to performance concerns, or as otherwise directed.
- Provide ad hoc support and instruction to care workers in the field, including in an emergency.
- Promote a safe working environment and safe systems of work.
- Understand and follow hazard and accident reporting procedures.
- Be alert to any changes in service users’ condition and circumstances and act appropriately when these changes.
- Successful candidates will be required to work alternate weekends and will Share On-Call duties on a rota basis.
- This Care role is offering you a competitive salary of £11.50 – £13.50 depending on experience
Contracts and Payroll
Q: Will I be employed by Ann Mason Care Ltd?
Answer: Yes all of our staff are employed with contracts. This means that you will receive all of Ann Mason Care benefits. We pay directly into your UK bank account every month and manage all of your:
- Holiday pay
- Pension scheme
- We manage your tax and national insurance
Our pay is calculated based on your skills qualifications and your experience.
We will work with you to develop a shift pattern that enables you to have the best work life balance.
Q: Do I need a UK bank account?
Answer: You must hold a UK bank account so that you can receive your monthly pay. We can assist with providing you a letter to take to your preferred bank this will aid you in setting it up. The bank will also require you to take two forms of id passport and an ID card.
Another option is an online bank account – for example Monzo
Q: Do I need a national insurance number?
Answer: You will also require a UK National Insurance number, which you can apply once you have set up your bank account. Just make an appointment to see your local benefits office or JobCentre Plus and they will make the arrangements. it’s important to have your permanent number set-up within 1-2 months of arriving in the UK.
Q: I’m an international applicant where will I live?
Answer: Ann Mason Care will assist you with finding Accommodation, this will be agreed and managed you will be located in-between Ipswich and Colchester
Q: Do I need to drive?
Answer: A driver’s licence is very advantageous however non drivers are also able to apply.
Q: Will I wear a uniform?
Answer: Yes all of our staff wear fresh laundered uniforms together with PPE is required by all our care team, looking smart and professional.
Training with Ann Mason Care
You will be booked onto your training program which will be completed half in the comfort or your own home Via our interactive training App and half at our UK head office. Face to face with a member of our training team.
Q: Will I incur any costs during my face-to-face training?
Answer: We will pay for your accommodation and travel expenses to and from training and this will be confirmed in your offer. You will be responsible for your own meals.
What happens after training? Once you have completed the training and achieved your competencies standards, you will work with a mentor carer to provide hands on care and rehabilitation with our customers.
Join our team
We would like to employ local experienced carers to become part of our team delivering high quality personal care and domestic support to people in their own homes in the local community.